Thursday, November 18, 2004

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry

Took two days of "work-related" leave to bash another grant into shape. As usual, I completely underestimated how long it would take, and only finished it yesterday evening. Or maybe I sped up as I approached the dead-line!

Now I am back at work and listening to the latest revolting developments on the invasion that is happening next week. MC's anger was maintained after he was thwarted earlier in the week. He wrote to the HOD stating his unhappiness about the blunt email received from my colleague (codenamed Diamund). In fact he requested a personal apology from Diamund. The HOD suggested to Diamund that this would be a good idea, so he trotted over to see him in his office. Unfortunately, MC was not in the mood to let bygones be bygones, and let rip into Diamund about knowing his place in the departmental heirachy ie well below MC. Then he told him that if he sent another email like "this" again he would thump him. He also said that as deputy HOD he had more power than he actually exercised, and could make things difficult for Diamund if he wanted. Call me old-fashioned, but this sounds like intimidation and bullying to me. It confirms that MC is not fit to be deputy HOD, and is consistent with his previous behaviour. Diamund reported this conversation to the HOD (and friends like me), but has not taken any further action. At the moment there is a "Cold War" atmosphere about the place. Hoping no-one pushes the button next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • «#Anonworkblogs?»